The Voice Nigeria 4: Waje, Naeto C Differ on Talent and Success

The Voice Nigeria 4: Waje, Naeto C Differ on Talent and Success

The Voice Nigeria 4: Waje, Naeto C Differ on Talent and Success

As more and more gifted singers spring up on The Voice Nigeria season 4 with a single goal of grabbing the grand prizes on the big stage, Coaches Waje and Naeto C have aired different views on the relevance of talent in achieving success as a musician.

Waje, a super star singer and four-time coach on the global music reality tv show while reacting to the performance of Deborah Akintimeyin, a 24 year old singer during the fifth episode last weekend said talent was very important.

While commending Deborah after an opening performance, She said, “I’m happy you are a part of this show. You validate what I believe that talent is important.”

But in a swift counter reaction, Naeto C, a fellow coach and super star rapper insisted that talent accounts for only a small fraction of what is required to succeed as a super star musician.

The ten over ten crooner counselled Deborah that, “To be a super star, talent is just 10 percent or less. The rest of the 90 percent I can give you, if you join my team.”

Deborah however settled for Waje who was obviously more excited and passionate about the contestant.

The reality TV show is being sponsored by Nigeria’s premier financial institution, FirstBank in line with its commitments to supporting arts, entertainment and youth development.

The Voice Nigeria 4: Waje, Naeto C Differ on Talent and Success

Biggest Revelations

Deborah and 21 year-old make-up artist, Nicole Osarunwese were also the biggest talent revelations of the episode with awesome performances of Travis Greene’s Made A Way and Calum Scott’s Dancing on My Own.

Both got all the four chairs turned for them accompanied by loud ovation from the four coaches.

A teary Waje told Deborah she’s star struck as the contestant was so special.

For Naeto C, he was both a coach and fan to Nicole and he enjoyed her rendition the most.

Luckiest Coach

Coach Praiz was the luckiest during episode five as he got three more talents to his existing eight, including Nicole, one of the biggest talents on the episode.

READ MORE: How skipping breakfast until 11am could add 20 years to your lifespan – Doctor

Talent Count

Waje now has ten having gotten two including one of the best from the episode plus her list of eight. The target is twelve per coach.

Naeto C also added two more to eight while Niyola got just one plus seven, leaving her with a deficit of four talents to make her team. She will be the biggest hunter in episode six.

Other Champions

Gabriel Chidi, a one-man band singer was brilliantly remarkable to join Naeto C team with his versatility through a smooth infusion of pidgin into the lyrics during an enjoyable performance of Jessie J’s Price Tag.

Roselyn Asuquo, a church singer and mass communication graduate wowed Praiz with Toni Braxton’s Unbreak My Heart.

Tolani Zubair, a part time teacher got three chair turns. She was a delight to watch with her handling of Zayin Malik’s Pillow Talk. Niyola turned for her first followed by Naeto C and Praiz, but she opted for Praiz leaving Niyola heartbroken.

Chris Ade loves to excel as a contemporary gospel artist. His performance of Boyz 2Men’s classic, End of the Road would have led him to a disappointing end of the road on the show but he was saved by Waje who admired the fighter in his voice.

Energetic and stylish best describes 24 year old Esther Uba. The bag maker gave a beautiful rendition of Tina Turner’s Simply the Best but only Niyola was impressed.

Waje who also turned for her at the tail end said she was impressed by Esther’s excellent pronunciation of vowels, a feat she claimed many singers struggle with and instead clumsily sounded pitchy.

Afro beat came alive with fashion designer, Fejiri Mowoe’s version of Oxlade’s Ku lo Sa. The erotic song was quite melodious and cool to vibe to. Though he wanted either Praiz or Waje, it was Naeto C who handed him a life line.

What Next?

Emotions are charged and expectations so high as the Blind Auditions ends with episode six this weekend then the four teams of 12 will proceed a step further on the journey to stardom, fame and goodies.

 Folake Ani-Mumuney, FirstBank’s Group Head, Marketing and Corporate Communications said FirstBank has given voice to Nigerians for the past 128 years, and will continue to give voice to Nigerians by creating employment, economic empowerment in the country through its products, services and initiatives and it remains committed to strengthening the creative industry which is fast growing into a multibillion-dollar business, with potential to be a leading contributor to Nigeria’s GDP in the near future.