• Latest
  • Trending
  • All
UK Serial Child Stabbing Killer Jailed For Life

UK Serial Child Stabbing Killer Jailed For Life

January 24, 2025
Yayi and the Mind Game, Inside Dapo Abiodun’s Strategic Calculations

Yayi and the Mind Game, Inside Dapo Abiodun’s Strategic Calculations

February 19, 2026
Unity–Providus Merger Gathers Momentum, Poised for Successful Completion

Unity–Providus Merger Gathers Momentum, Poised for Successful Completion

February 19, 2026
NCC Engages Stakeholders To Rejig Telecoms Policy

NCC Engages Stakeholders To Rejig Telecoms Policy

February 18, 2026
Ecobank Nigeria Fully Repays Tendered US$300m Eurobond Notes

Ecobank Nigeria Fully Repays Tendered US$300m Eurobond Notes

February 18, 2026
Zenith Bank Dissociates Chairman from ‘Fraudulent’ AI Investment Scheme

Zenith Bank Dissociates Chairman from ‘Fraudulent’ AI Investment Scheme

February 18, 2026
Family of Late Ooni Ajagunlawarikan Ademuliyi Alleges Intimidation by Hon. Kanmi Over Farmland

Family of Late Ooni Ajagunlawarikan Ademuliyi Alleges Intimidation by Hon. Kanmi Over Farmland

February 14, 2026
SCID Lagos honours 15 Retired Police Officers 

SCID Lagos honors 15 Retired Police Officers 

February 14, 2026
Odu’a Investment Unveils 30 By 2030 Growth Agenda

Odu’a Investment Unveils ‘30 by 2030’ Growth Agenda

February 12, 2026
Anikulapo: My Films Aren’t For Everyone — Kunle Afolayan Speaks On Latest Film

Anikulapo: My Films Aren’t For Everyone — Kunle Afolayan Speaks On Latest Film

February 12, 2026
Why I Regret Strained Relationship with My Late Dad - Actor

Why I Regret Strained Relationship With My Late Dad – Actor

February 12, 2026
Why Youths Must Embrace Agriculture More

Why Youths Must Embrace Agriculture More – ArcView MD

February 12, 2026
FHHP: Fidelity Bank Donates Essential Items to Ikoyi Correctional Centre

FHHP: Fidelity Bank Donates Essential Items to Ikoyi Correctional Centre

February 12, 2026
UBA to Revamp Agency, Merchant Banking with Improved Features, More Value on RedPay Terminals

UBA to Revamp Agency, Merchant Banking with Improved Features, More Value on RedPay Terminals

February 11, 2026
ADC Inaugurates Southwest Zonal Committee in Ibadan, Reaffirms Unity

ADC Inaugurates Southwest Zonal Committee in Ibadan, Reaffirms Unity

February 11, 2026
How to Foster Speedy Regional Dev't in Nigeria – Osinbajo

How to Foster Speedy Regional Dev’t in Nigeria – Osinbajo

February 11, 2026
Global Clusters Targets 37m youths digital literacy with SparkHubs

Global Clusters Targets Digital Literacy for 37m Youths with SparkHubs launch

February 11, 2026
Thursday, February 19, 2026
  • Login
  • News
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Crime
  • Entertainment
  • Featured
  • Icons
  • Opinion
  • World
  • Tech
No Result
View All Result
No Result
View All Result
  • News
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Crime
  • Entertainment
  • Featured
  • Icons
  • Opinion
  • World
  • Tech
Home World

UK Serial Child Stabbing Killer Jailed For Life

by Reporter theconscienceng
January 24, 2025
in World, News, Trending
0
UK Serial Child Stabbing Killer Jailed For Life
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter
Share on Facebook Share
Share
Share on Twitter Share
Share
Share on Linkedin Share
Share

20250123 234022

UK Serial Child Stabbing Killer Jailed For Life

A judge on Thursday jailed for life a British teenager who killed three young girls in a frenzied stabbing spree, as the families wept in court at the horrific details of the “extreme violence” they suffered.

Sentencing Axel Rudakubana to 13 life terms for the three murders and 10 attempted murders, judge Julian Goose said he believed it “highly likely that he will never be released”, ordering him to serve a minimum of 52 years.

The judge said that Rudakubana’s objective during his 15-minute rampage had been the “mass murder of innocent, happy young girls”.

If he had not been stopped, “he would have killed each and every child — all 26 of them”, he added.

Sobs and gasps were heard in court as prosecutor Deanna Heer recounted in detail the events at a Taylor Swift-themed dance class last July in Southport, northwestern England.

She described how Rudakubana burst into the studio in the seaside resort where a group of young girls were sitting on the floor making bracelets, listening to Swift’s blockbuster songs.

Rudakubana, then 17, was heard to say: “I’m glad they’re dead,” after he was arrested, Heer told the court.

READ MORE:  (FULL LIST) UK Releases Names of Dead Nigerians With Unclaimed Properties

After his arrest, police found violent content on Rudakubana’s devices including images of dead bodies, victims of torture, beheadings, and cartoons depicting violence and rape.

UK Prime Minister Keir Starmer told the victims’ families “we stand with you in your grief”, adding that the attack had been “one of the most harrowing moments in our country’s history”.

On the day of the killings Rudakubana travelled to the dance class by taxi armed with a 20-centimetre-long (eight-inch) kitchen knife, Heer said

“Within 30 seconds, screams can be heard coming from within, followed by children fleeing from the building,” Heer said.

Rudakubana, now 18, on Monday pleaded guilty to killing the three girls who died in the attack — Bebe King, aged six, Elsie Dot Stancombe, seven, and nine-year-old Alice da Silva Aguiar. Bebe was stabbed 122 times, the judge revealed, while another of the dead girls had 85 stab wounds.

“Our dream girl has been taken away in such a horrible, undeserving way that it shattered our souls,” Aguiar’s parents said in a statement to the court.

Stancombe’s mother branded her daughter’s killer as “cruel and evil”, saying his actions were those of “a coward”.

Rudakubana was twice ordered out of court after repeatedly shouting that he was feeling unwell. He was not in court for the sentence, having refused to return.

READ MORE:  Rite Recycle 2.0: Rite Foods Rewards Creative Winners With Fabulous Prizes 

nightmare
Heer said that on July 29, dance teacher Heidi Liddle was sitting with the class when she saw Rudakubana enter and begin “lunging through the children”.

She started pushing them towards the exit, but after one of the girls ran towards the toilet she followed and locked the door.

“Outside, they could hear children screaming, and then the door rattled. When she heard voices outside the door crying for the defendant to stop she realised that not all of the children had managed to escape,” Heer said, adding that some were stabbed in the back as they fled.

Some relatives in the public gallery were in tears. Others sat with their heads in their hands and wiped their eyes as tough security camera footage showed frightened, screaming children fleeing the scene.

In victim impact statements read to the court, one 14-year-old survivor said the day was a “living nightmare”.

“The thing I remember most about you (Rudakubana) is your eyes. You didn’t look human, you looked possessed,” she said.

Class instructor Leanne Lucas, 36, who was also injured, spoke of her ongoing “trauma”, saying she could no longer be alone at home, go to work or walk down the street.

READ MORE:  UK To Offer 45,000 Special Visas In 2025

“He targeted us because we were women and girls, vulnerable and easy prey,” she said.

Rudakubana also pleaded guilty to possessing a blade, producing a biological toxin — ricin — and possessing an Al-Qaeda training manual.

The teenager’s rampage triggered a wave of revulsion in the UK, and after his sentencing there were calls for it to be reviewed for being too lenient.

Viral misinformation that the perpetrator was a Muslim asylum seeker had sparked anti-immigration riots in more than a dozen English and Northern Irish towns and cities in July and August.

Rudakubana is a UK citizen, born in Cardiff to parents of Rwandan origin.

His parents are now said to be in hiding.

The attack has not been treated as a terror incident and he was never charged with terrorism offences.

A public inquiry is to be held into how the police, courts and welfare services all failed to spot the risk he posed.0

Share this:

  • Share on X (Opens in new window) X
  • Share on Facebook (Opens in new window) Facebook
  • Share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window) WhatsApp

Like this:

Like Loading...

Related

Tags: Uk
ShareTweet
Previous Post

Ajaero Drags Power Minister, Calls Electricity Policies Fraudulent

Next Post

Judge Blocks Trump Bid To Restrict Birthright Citizenship

Reporter theconscienceng

Reporter theconscienceng

Related Posts

Yayi and the Mind Game, Inside Dapo Abiodun’s Strategic Calculations
Politics

Yayi and the Mind Game, Inside Dapo Abiodun’s Strategic Calculations

by TheConscience NG
February 19, 2026
Unity–Providus Merger Gathers Momentum, Poised for Successful Completion
Business

Unity–Providus Merger Gathers Momentum, Poised for Successful Completion

by TheConscience NG
February 19, 2026
NCC Engages Stakeholders To Rejig Telecoms Policy
Tech

NCC Engages Stakeholders To Rejig Telecoms Policy

by TheConscience NG
February 18, 2026
Ecobank Nigeria Fully Repays Tendered US$300m Eurobond Notes
Business

Ecobank Nigeria Fully Repays Tendered US$300m Eurobond Notes

by TheConscience NG
February 18, 2026
Zenith Bank Dissociates Chairman from ‘Fraudulent’ AI Investment Scheme
Crime/General

Zenith Bank Dissociates Chairman from ‘Fraudulent’ AI Investment Scheme

by TheConscience NG
February 18, 2026
Family of Late Ooni Ajagunlawarikan Ademuliyi Alleges Intimidation by Hon. Kanmi Over Farmland
Crime/General

Family of Late Ooni Ajagunlawarikan Ademuliyi Alleges Intimidation by Hon. Kanmi Over Farmland

by TheConscience NG
February 14, 2026
Next Post
Ex-Envoy Questions Nigeria-US Tie Without Ambassadors

Judge Blocks Trump Bid To Restrict Birthright Citizenship

No Result
View All Result

Recent Posts

  • Yayi and the Mind Game, Inside Dapo Abiodun’s Strategic Calculations
  • Unity–Providus Merger Gathers Momentum, Poised for Successful Completion
  • NCC Engages Stakeholders To Rejig Telecoms Policy
  • Ecobank Nigeria Fully Repays Tendered US$300m Eurobond Notes
  • Zenith Bank Dissociates Chairman from ‘Fraudulent’ AI Investment Scheme

Get the latest news on the go!

Enter your email address

© 2025 TheConscience NG

TheConscience NG

  • About
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy-Policy
  • Terms and Conditions
  • TheConscienceNg.com | Breaking & Verified Nigerian News on the go!

Follow Us

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
X
Subject:
Message:
Ajax loader
No Result
View All Result
  • News
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Crime
  • Entertainment
  • Featured
  • Icons
  • Opinion
  • World
  • Tech

© 2025 TheConscience NG

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.
Share with friends
Share on Facebook Share
Share
Share on Twitter Share
Share
Share on Linkedin Share
Share
%d